It is hard to put into words how much we loved this wedding. From the beautiful Oregon landscape, adorable details, awesome vendors, swiss dot dress, beautiful flowers and that canoe ride as the sun was going down. It was all pretty magical and really made us fall in love with Oregon.
Then there is Joel and Karen, what a couple! Sweet, kind and so fun. When photographing weddings I see these little moments through my lens and I was constantly catching these two looking at each other with so much adoration and love. We were honored be their photographers and dutifully document their love story on such a magical day. Their love is infectious and generous, a sentiment that was echoed often at the wedding by their loved ones.
The wedding was at Bridal Veil Lakes, just outside of Portland and next to the Columbia River Gorge. The ceremony, officiated by Joel’s father, took place on the lush green lawn, right at the edge of the lake. As the couple was about to seal their marriage with a kiss, their guests sang All You Need Is Love. After the kiss and ceremony, the party headed to the other side of the lake for cocktails, followed by dinner, toasts and cake… Oh and Voo Doo Doughnuts too. Just as the sun was starting to disappear Joel and Karen took a cruise around the lake in a canoe. The couple and their guests took to the dance floor as the night sky started to shimmer. What a special day!
Congratulations to Joel and Karen! May you forever be happily giddy in love!
- Location: Bridal Veil Lakes | Portland, Oregon
- Wedding Coordination: Luxe Productions
- Florals: Bramble Floral
- Vintage Rentals: Something Borrowed PDX
- Catering: To Dine For
- Cocktails and bar: My Bartender
- Dessert Table: Voo Doo Doughnuts and Petunia’s Pies and Pastries
- Hair: Marisa Perrault
- Make-up: Rose In A Coma
- Dress: Cleo and Clementine
- Gold Belt: By Lady Evelyn
- Mint shoes: Mod Cloth
- Bridesmaids Gowns: Asos and Mod Cloth
- Groom: Suit from Saks Fifth Ave | Topman Tie | Reiss Shirt | Stag Gold Lapel Pin Grand Frank
- Invitation and Paper goods: Invitation by Willow and Sass | Program Design by B is for Brown
- DIY Projects by the bride Karen: Dip-Dyed Napkins + Cake Topper + Animal Gold Confetti
- Sequin Dessert Table + Paper Garlands made by Mother of the bride